France looking at second suspicious blast last month at Dakar rally in Saudi - RMC radio


  • World
  • Thursday, 27 Jan 2022

PARIS (Reuters) - French authorities are looking into a second, suspicious explosion which occured last month at the Dakar sports car rally, reported French radio station RMC.

This second blast, the cause of which is undetermined for now, occurred at the Dakar rally a day after an earlier explosion went off under a vehicle which, France says, might have been a terrorist attack.

France's DGSI secret service is looking into the case of an assistance vehicle which had exploded one day after the initial blast seriously injured a French race driver, reported RMC.

French prosecutors said earlier this month that they had opened a terrorism investigation into the matter while Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian said "there were hypothesis that it was a terrorist attack."

(Reporting by Tassilo Hummel; Editing by Sudip Kar-Gupta)

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights
   

Next In World

UK government must help poor now, says senior Conservative lawmaker
Russian military says it destroys Western arms consignment in Ukraine
UK PM Johnson must explain meeting with 'partygate' report author, says opposition Labour
S.Korea, U.S. vow new measures to deter N.Korea, expand economic partnership
U.S., others walk out of APEC talks over Russia's Ukraine invasion - officials
Britain wants to arm Moldova to protect it from Russian threat - The Telegraph
Biden says U.S., S.Korea alliance works to deter N.Korea, keep Indo-Pacific free
Russia likely facing Uncrewed Aerial Vehicles shortage, UK says
Russia halts gas exports to Finland, says Mariupol steelworks siege has ended
Vietnam sacks head of the country's main stock exchange over "wrongdoing"

Others Also Read