France church attacker was carrying Italian Red Cross ID - prosecutor


PARIS (Reuters) - The man suspected of killing three people in a French church arrived by train carrying an Italian Red Cross identity document, changed his clothes at the train station, then walked to the church to begin his attack, a prosecutor said on Thursday.

Jean-François Ricard, France's chief anti-terrorist prosecutor, said the attacker was a Tunisian born in 1999 who had arrived in Paris on Oct. 9.

The prosecutor said the man had been caught on video surveillance at the railway station in Nice, and from there had walked the 400 metres (yards) to the Notre Dame church.

(Reporting by Geert De Clercq; Writing by Christian Lowe; Editing by Chris Reese)

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 18
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

91% readers found this article insightful

Next In World

Trump pardons former adviser Flynn
Australia welcomes release of British-Australian academic from Iran jail
Gender-based violence worsens in Spain due to COVID-19: expert
Oil prices rise as U.S. inventories drop
Brazil approves resumption of Boeing 737 MAX operations
2nd LD Writethru: Bus, truck collide head on, killing 40 in SE Brazil
U.S. dollar weakens amid downbeat economic data
Argentina declares 3 days of mourning for Maradona
Timeline of Argentine football legend Maradona's life
France registers 16,282 new COVID-19 cases, 381 deaths

Stories You'll Enjoy