Vatican condemns Nice church attack, says terror never acceptable


FILE PHOTO: Pope Francis attends the weekly general audience in Aula Paolo VI at the Vatican, October 28, 2020. Vatican Media/?Handout via REUTERS

VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - The Vatican on Thursday condemned the attack that left three people dead at a church in Nice, France, saying terrorism and violence were never acceptable.

"Today's attack sowed death in a place of love and consolation, the house of the Lord," spokesman Matteo Bruni said in a statement.

"It is a moment of pain in a time of confusion. Terrorism and violence can never be accepted." He said Pope Francis had been informed and was praying for the victims. The pope hoped the French people would "respond in a united way to evil with good."

(Reporting By Philip Pullella; Editing by Jon Boyle)

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 18
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

75% readers found this article insightful

Next In World

No oom-pah bands this Christmas, please. We're Swiss
Ten COVID-19 vaccines seen by mid-year, head of global pharma group says
Netanyahu's office not commenting on attack on Iranian scientist, official says
Iranian nuclear scientist Fakhrizadeh dies in hospital after attack - state media
Saudi Arabia has suspended Turkish meat imports - Turkish union
Europe's ski resorts have mountain to climb to save season amid pandemic
Prominent Iranian nuclear scientist Fakhrizadeh assassinated - state media
When the circus can't leave town - French family show stranded in Belgian car park
'Hotel Rwanda' hero says he was kidnapped and blindfolded before arrest
Belarus' Lukashenko says he will leave post when new constitution is adopted - Belta

Stories You'll Enjoy