UK says Saudi oil attack was attempt to disrupt global oil supplies


  • World
  • Monday, 16 Sep 2019

FILE PHOTO - Britain's Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab is seen outside Downing Street in London, Britain, September 4, 2019. REUTERS/Hannah McKay

LONDON (Reuters) - Britain's foreign minister Dominic Raab on Sunday condemned Saturday's attacks on Saudi oil plants, calling them an attempt to disrupt global oil supplies.

"This was a reckless attempt to damage regional security and disrupt global oil supplies. The UK condemns such behaviour unreservedly," Raab said on Twitter.

He added that he had earlier spoken to U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo about the attacks.

(Reporting by William James; editing by Emelia Sithole-Matarise)


   

Across The Star Online


Air Pollutant Index

Highest API Readings

    Select State and Location to view the latest API reading

    Source: Department of Environment, Malaysia