No new virus cases in Brunei, but public told to stay vigilant


  • Brunei
  • Tuesday, 07 Apr 2020

BRUNEI Darussalam has recorded no new cases of Covid-19.

This was announced by Minister of Health Dato Seri Setia Dr Haji Mohd Isham Haji Jaafar at a press conference yesterday.

“Alhamdulillah, by the grace of Allah the Almighty, the Ministry of Health would like to inform the public that there are no new cases of Covid-19 in the country.

“As of now, the total number of Covid-19 cases in Brunei Darussalam remains at 135,” he said.

However, he warned that the outbreak was not over yet.

“We must continue to abide by all the precautionary measures to further reduce the risk of spreading the infection,” he added.

He said seven patients at the National Isolation Centre had recovered and were allowed to return home, bringing the total number of recovered cases so far to 73.

“This means 61 cases are still in treatment. Of the 61, three are still in critical condition and need respiratory aid. One requires the assistance of a heart-lung machine. The rest are in stable condition,” he said. — Borneo Bulletin/ANN

Article type: free
User access status:

coronavirus , pandemic

   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

Across The Star Online