Two survivors in Dhaka attack still 'detained'


People place flowers at a makeshift memorial near the site, to pay tribute to the victims of the attack on the Holey Artisan Bakery and the O'Kitchen Restaurant, in Dhaka, Bangladesh, July 5, 2016. REUTERS

DHAKA: The two survivors of the Gulshan restaurant attack, who had been “detained” for any possible link to the July 1 attack, are still with the investigators.

They have not been shown arrested or produced before a court. Law enforcers claimed that they were under surveillance.

Article type: metered
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights
   

Next In Regional

PM to brief Cabinet on possible revival of HSR link to S'pore, says Dr Wee Premium
How a Stanford couple from Taiwan created the island’s first AI unicorn after eight failed attempts Premium
China’s BeiDou in race with Nasa over laser communications in space Premium
No need to suspend Parliament if Covid-19 detected, Health Ministry knows how to handle cases, says Khairy Premium
Take steps to secure Covid-19 vaccines for children under 12, PAC tells govt Premium
Covid-19: New education cluster detected in Sandakan Premium
Hardy 69-year-old man survives 22 hours on capsized boat off Japan Premium
Covid-19 Watch: Those using M'sia-Singapore VTL must self-test on third and seventh day after arrival Premium
SG fresh graduate jailed four weeks for taking upskirt video, can’t recall number of victims Premium
Covid-19: 5,439 new cases bring total to 2,638,221 Premium

Others Also Read


Vouchers