Ruins of world heritage site now open to the public


  • China Premium
  • Monday, 13 Jun 2016

Blast from the past: A memorial archway at the site of the Tangya Tusi fortress in Xianfeng county, Hubei province. — China Daily/Asia News Network

WUHAN: Ruins of the Tangya Tusi fortress, one of the three Tusi sites added to Unesco’s World Heritage List last year, opens to public on Chinese Cultural Heritage Day.

The site, located in Xianfeng county of central China’s Hubei province and covering more than 100 hectares, is about the size of 140 football fields and is even bigger than the Forbidden City in Beijing.

Article type: metered
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights

Regional , ruins , tangya tusi , China

   

Next In Regional

Study: China re-emerges as bitcoin mining hub Premium
Tengku Zafrul: Talk of global recession premature, unwarranted Premium
Ringgit appreciates versus US dollar, tracking positive yuan sentiment Premium
Hong Kong considers blocking Telegram, local paper says Premium
Malaysia, Thailand to set up joint committee to discuss KL-Bangkok HSR project, says Dr Wee Premium
Tajuddin appointed as ambassador to Indonesia Premium
NSE crash: Trailer driver charged with causing death of five students Premium
Myanmar resistance urges West to provide arms for fight against junta Premium
Covid-19: Paxlovid to be available at private hospitals, clinics, teaching hospitals, says KJ Premium
China may have massive underground bitcoin mining operations despite ban last year, Cambridge data shows Premium

Others Also Read