JAKARTA: A suspect in the bombings at a McDonald's outlet and showroom that killed three people in Makassar last year has surrendered to police after eight months on the run, a report said yesterday.
Dahlan, alias Abu Osama, surrendered to police on Friday in Takalar, the Kompas daily reported, quoting an officer of the South Sulawesi police.
He was wanted on suspicion of having taken part in assembling bombs used in the explosions at a busy McDonald's outlet and a car showroom in Makassar on Dec 5.
“The suspect claims that he surrendered himself because he was fed up of hiding at his hiding place,” Adjutant Senior Commissioner Bambang Sumena said.
Nineteen people are in custody over the bombings, which also injured 15 people. One of the bombers is believed to have been killed in the blast. – AFP
Did you find this article insightful?