Passport of Muhyiddin's son-in-law revoked on MACC's request, says Saifuddin


PUTRAJAYA: The Home Ministry has confirmed that the passport of Datuk Seri Muhammad Adlan Berhan has been revoked.

Home Minister Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasution Ismail said the revocation was carried out following a request made earlier by the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) to the Immigration Department.

“I have been informed by the Immigration Department that the MACC had previously submitted an application to revoke the individual’s passport, and this was carried out accordingly. That is what I can confirm,” he told reporters after attending the ministry’s monthly assembly here on Thursday (Oct 23).

When asked about reports that Muhammad Adlan had been moving around freely in the Middle East despite not having a valid passport, Saifuddin said the authorities would look into the matter.

“We will check,” he said.

It was previously reported that Muhammad Adlan, who is based in the Middle East, had continued to travel freely.

Muhammad Adlan, who is the son-in-law of former prime minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, is wanted by the MACC for alleged criminal breach of trust.

 

 

 

Related stories:
    Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

    Next In Nation

    Illegal gold mining threatens lives, environment, says Kelantan MB
    Smart campus tech framework to drive UKKM development, says Sim
    Kota Baru man found dead in bathroom
    GSF 2.0: All 428 activists released, Malaysians expected home on May 24
    Royal decree should be viewed as guidance, not political interference, says Tengku Zafrul
    Man found dead in pool of blood outside Pekan Nenas restaurant
    Federal Highway motorcycle lane upgrade to be done in August
    Gold mining tragedy in Jeli leaves pregnant mother of four widowed
    Jakoa denies restricting entry of outsiders into Orang Asli villages
    Prison term sparks remorse, 54 inmates freed early for Hari Raya Aidiladha

    Others Also Read