Kluang Islamic school engulfed in early morning fire


KLUANG: More than two-thirds of a tahfiz (Islamic school) at Kampung Chokro in Simpang Renggam here was razed in an early morning fire on Thursday (March 6).

Fortunately, all 12 students and their teacher managed to escape unharmed before firefighters arrived at the scene.

According to Renggam fire station chief Mohd Nizar Ma’mun, who is also the operations commander, they received an emergency call at about 1.21am.

“We immediately deployed firefighters from Renggam and Ayer Hitam fire stations along with the Simpang Renggam Volunteer Fire Brigade to the location.

“When our team arrived at 1.40am, the fire had already engulfed a significant portion of the single-story building, which served as a tahfiz school. The flames were spreading rapidly,” he said.

Mohd Nizar added firefighters immediately carried out fire suppression efforts using four 60m hose lines from Renggam and Ayer Hitam teams, along with an additional 30m hose line from the Simpang Renggam tanker.

“Water supply was sourced from a fire hydrant 2km away, with shuttling operations ensuring a continuous flow until the fire was fully extinguished,” he added.

Mohd Nizar said the fire was successfully put out by about 2.27am, and the operation concluded at about 3.07am.

He added that the department was currently investigating the cause of the fire and estimating total losses.

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Fire , Tahfiz , Chokro , Simpang Renggam , Students ,

Next In Nation

TB outbreak: Mask up at crowded places like Ramadan bazaars, public urged
Public inspection for LRT Mutiara Line extension linking Penang Island, Seberang Perai
12 police personnel suspended over cryptocurrency theft
Bill to cap PM’s term at 10 years to be tabled on Monday
Cops nab man connected to 2025 intimidation case
Police to call several individuals in probe over alleged share ownership by Azam Baki
DAP special congress is part of party's internal process, says Fahmi
Sabah flood: Number of victims increased to 3,768 people at noon
Prioritise welfare of police personnel, says Dr Wan Azizah
Traffic slows on major expressways as at noon

Others Also Read