Kitchen nightmares: Three hotel kitchens serving Ramadan buffet suspended for poor hygiene


MELAKA: Poor hygiene has led to three hotels getting told to shut their kitchen serving Ramadan buffet for 14 days, says a state executive council member.

Health, Human Resources and Unity committee chairman Datuk Ngwe Hee Sem said the actions were taken against the hotels following inspections by the Melaka Health Department food safety and quality division between Feb 17 and Tues (March 4).

"It was found that these three hotels failed to meet cleanliness standards.

"We are giving them a period to clean their kitchen areas," he said when contacted on Wednesday.

He said these hotels will be allowed to resume operations if they comply and maintain cleanliness within the time frame given to them while meeting hygiene standards.

Ngwe also noted that the three were among 41 hotel kitchens inspected across the state during the corresponding period.

"Two ice factories were also inspected and notices of compound were issued to them for failing to meet the required hygiene standards

"A total of 36 violation notices were issued and 14 fines amounting to RM6,950 were slapped on the premises owners throughout the inspections," he said, adding that action was taken under the Food Regulations 1985 and the Food Hygiene Regulations 2009.

Meanwhile, Ngwe said 76 Ramadan bazaar traders have been inspected since the start of Ramadan.

"However, we discovered all the traders have complied with the food preparation regulations and hygiene standards set by the authorities, so far," he said.

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Azam Baki files defamation suit against news agency
Anwar hosts reception for Singapore PM Wong, discusses efforts to strengthen ties
Selangor Sultan receives RM11.47mil in business tithe contributions
Over 1,000 displaced as floods worsen in Sabah’s north, Pitas emerges as worst-hit
'Don't shoot the messenger', says Nurul Izzah in urging authorities to probe allegations into MACC chief's alleged shareholdings
Anwar holds talks with Singapore PM Lawrence Wong
ROS refutes allegations of power abuse by MIPP
Cops on the hunt for duo who broke into Sitiawan mosque, stole from donation boxes
116 Bazaar Ramadan Rahmah to be held this year, says Fuziah
Malaysia looks forward to close cooperation with new Bangladesh leadership, says Anwar

Others Also Read