Owners of suitcase containing half a million ringgit yet to provide statement, say PJ cops


PETALING JAYA: Representatives of the company that claims to own the suitcase containing over half a million ringgit have yet to meet the police to provide a statement.

Petaling Jaya OCPD Asst Comm Shahrulnizam Jaa'far @ Ismail said that district police had contacted the company director multiple times but they had yet to show up.

"We will seek further advice from our legal division from all angles of the law," he said.

Selangor police chief Comm Datuk Hussein Omar Khan had said that a company had claimed ownership of the suitcase and a report had been filed in Shah Alam.

However, when summoned, the company director failed to show up at the Damansara police station to record his statement and show proof of ownership.

On March 20, a suitcase filled with over RM500,000 in cash was found by a security guard in a shopping mall car park here.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Suitcase , RM500 , 000 , Police , Statement , Security Guard ,

   

Next In Nation

Veteran claims trial to 12 charges of using forged documents at Labuan corruption court
KK cops arrest nine people for not having identification at water protest
National decarbonisation committee formed to drive low-carbon development, says Anwar
Anwar extends Aidiladha donations to mosques, surau in Indera Mahkota
UMS students determined to deliver memorandum to Hajiji
Two suspects on police watchlist killed in shootout in Johor Baru
Malaysia aspires to host Asean Year of Skills 2025
Dr Shatesh wins Putera MIC chief post
1,040Kg Brahman Bull sold for RM30,000 for korban
MM2H programme participants must now have RM5mil in fixed deposit, says Tourism Minister

Others Also Read