Missing 'Boss Mario' admits himself into hospital for stress, say cops

MELAKA: "Boss Mario" who was reported missing slipped into depression after he was unable to raise money to pay bonuses to his staff in conjunction with the Lunar New Year.

Melaka Tengah OCPD Asst Comm Christopher Patit said the 29-year-old social media influencer and businessman had decided to de-stress at an abandoned house at the back of an "Asam Pedas" restaurant at the heart of the city.

He said Yew Boon Xiang, 29, who resides in Semabok had stayed at the abandoned house since Friday (Feb 2).

"Yew had confessed to my officers that he was unable to raise money to pay bonuses to 22 of his staff at two of his sales outlets in Melaka Sentral and Klebang here.

"He claimed to be under heavy stress and switched off his mobile phone while staying at the site to de-stress," he said on Sunday(Feb 4)

ACP Christopher Patit said that Yew's brother managed to locate him at a private hospital here at 2.15pm on Sunday(Feb 4)

He said Yew had admitted himself to the hospital to seek treatment for his stress.

ACP Christopher Patit said Yew took an ehailing taxi to the hospital from the abandoned house

Police had received a missing person report following the disappearance of Yew after leaving Pantai Klebang here early on Friday (Feb 2) morning.

Yew's brother made a report at the Batang Tiga Police Station at about 9.35pm on Friday (Feb 2) after the former did not answer phone calls when the man arrived at the phone shop in Melaka Central at 8am on the same day.

Footage extracted from a closed-circuit television (CCTV) camera showed Yew had left the house in his Honda City car at 3am on Friday(Feb 2) before the car was parked in Pantai Klebang with no occupants at the house.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Copter tragedy: Pahang Sultan orders mosques to perform funeral prayer
Johor Baru housewife loses RM400,000 in phone scam
Malaysian parliamentary delegation visits UK, Ireland to enhance expertise
KLIA shooting: Suspect to be charged in Kota Baru on April 24
Copter tragedy: Twin sisters in tears over mother's death
Internal power tussle in SME Association of Malaysia sees president booted
Copter tragedy: 'Dad didn't speak much but he always took care of us'
Copter tragedy: Families still reeling from loss
Copter tragedy: Friends see Lt Cmdr Wan Rezaudeen as a hero
Copter tragedy: Victims' remains arrive at HRPB for post-mortem

Others Also Read