KUALA LUMPUR: “Mr H” has been contacted for another round of questioning, says the Inspector-General of Police.
Tan Sri Razarudin Husain (pic) said the police called Mr H yesterday to continue recording his statement, after the first session on Nov 23.
“There is no need to reveal the identity of the individual to the general public or it might disturb our investigation,” he said when contacted.
On Wednesday, Community Communications Department (J-Kom) assistant officer Abdul Wahab Abdul Kadir Jilani confirmed the identity of Mr H when he had his statement recorded at Bukit Aman here, according to his lawyer Faizal Rahman.
Razarudin said police have taken statements from eight individuals so far.
“The investigation papers will be referred to the Attorney General’s Chambers (AGC) on Friday (today) for further action,” he added.
The questioning is in connection with a video that went viral earlier this month depicting former J-Kom director Datuk Dr Mohammad Agus Yusoff supposedly having an indecent conversation with Abdul Wahab.
Mohammad Agus has since claimed that the video was doctored to sully his reputation, and that the person responsible was a high-ranking individual in the department he called “Mr H.”
Mohammad Agus, who resigned from his post on Nov 16, lodged a police report on the issue in Kajang, Selangor, on Nov 17 and had given his statement to the police.
In Kajang yesterday, Abdul Wahab said he only wanted to clear his name and to demand justice.
Speaking to reporters after lodging a report at the Kajang police headquarters, he said he was “stressed out and traumatised” over the spread of the video involving an obscene conversation.
Asked about his position in J-Kom, Abdul Wahab, who was accompanied by Faizal, said he was unsure of it.
Faizal said they had gone there to lodge a report against Mr H over the video.
Previously, Faizal said Abdul Wahab was seeking treatment for severe depression following the controversy.
Meanwhile, on an unrelated matter, Razarudin said the man who issued a RM5mil bounty to assassinate Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim had done it “for fun”.
“Investigation on the 34-year-old revealed that he had just started using TikTok and thought he would do that for fun,” he said, adding that the suspect has been released on police bail.
The TikTok video has since been deleted.
Razarudin also said police have taken statements from five witnesses over the sexual harassment probe involving the director-general of an enforcement agency, and will submit the investigation papers to the AGC today.