GEORGE TOWN: Seven victims of the Bukit Genting van crash have been discharged from hospitals and are heading home to Singapore.
Another three people, including the 61-year-old Malaysian driver, are still undergoing treatment at the hospital.
Penang tourism and creative economy chairman Wong Hon Wai, who has been in communication with the hospitals and the Singaporean High Commission in Kuala Lumpur, said assistance would be given to the victims' family members who rushed here after the tragedy.
"Their family members have arrived to accompany them back to Singapore," he told a press conference on Tuesday (Sept 26).
He said the body of Lee Kwee Yiam, 62, who died in the tragedy, had been claimed by her family members.
On Sunday, a van ferrying 10 tourists from Singapore plunged into a ravine at Bukit Genting.
The victims were on their way back to their hotel after having dinner at a restaurant on the hill.
The van reportedly skidded and plunged over 6m into a ravine.
Penang youth, sports and health committee chairman Daniel Gooi Zi Sen said three other victims including the 61-year-old Malaysian driver are still warded at the Penang Hospital.
"The local driver, together with two female tourists, aged 56 and 58, are in stable condition.