Revised school curriculum in the works, says Education Ministry


PETALING JAYA: A new school curriculum is being worked out in collaboration with stakeholders, says the Education Ministry.

The ministry said that it has engaged with 1,600 individuals consisting of teachers, lecturers, parents, non-governmental organisations and education sector players.

There had been a total of 21 engagements through the implementation of this Curriculum Convention, it added in a statement on Thursday (Aug 24).

"The ministry will also run a survey on the School Curriculum Implementation 2026 online from tomorrow (Friday, Aug 25) to Sept 15," it added.

The survey can be found at https://bit.ly/KurikulumKita2027

In response to public concerns on unsuitable sub-topics for schoolchildren, the ministry said a review would be done.

"Immediate implementation to ensure effective teaching and learning processes as well as assessment has been carried out as stipulated in the Curriculum and Assessment Standard Document.

"Any sub-topics that are deemed too difficult and not aligned with pupils’ needs will be re-evaluated," the ministry said.

A module has also been developed to guide teachers in the teaching and learning process through Modul Bimbingan (Mobim).

"Mobim has been widely distributed to all schools from March starting with Year One pupils. It will be followed by other grades in phases," the ministry added.

The module can be accessed online through https://sites.google.com/moe-dl.edu.my/mobim/home

Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!
   

Next In Nation

Ku Li’s rep fails in bid to nullify Gua Musang GE15 result
Boy, 8, survives lightning strike with burns
In shock over gasping fish
‘Samsuri win may bring down political temperature’
Fadillah: Open up more markets for our commodities
Police gearing up to combat AI-based crime
HK cops encounter fraud syndicate that used AI-generated images
Minister pays surprise visit to home of teacher
‘Safe house’ for cigarette smuggling racket raided
‘Professional technical workers to be given priority in new salary scheme’

Others Also Read