PETALING JAYA: The threats made against the cast and crew of Mentega Terbang will be investigated and action to be taken accordingly, says Selangor police chief Comm Datuk Hussein Omar Khan.
“The police are taking these incidents seriously and we will investigate the matter until the suspects are caught and brought to face justice,” he said.
In a statement yesterday, he gave a timeline of the threats, which happened on the same day.
“The first occurred at an open car park in Taman Dagang Jaya, Ampang, at around 6.30am on March 16. The complainant said paint was thrown on his car.
“Words that had elements of threats to the complainant’s lives were also left near the car,” he said.
The second case occurred in Kajang at around 3.15am that day.
“The complainant there received threats via phone messages targeted at him and his family,” he said.
Comm Hussein urged witnesses or those with information to come forward to assist in investigations.
“Those with information on both incidents are urged to come forward by contacting investigation officers Insp Mu’az Mazlan at 017-978 8804 (IPD Kajang) and Insp Alif at 018-983 4211 (IPD Ampang), or their nearest police station,” he said.
On Tuesday, Bukit Aman recorded the statements of a producer and six actors of the movie.
Prior to this, statements were recorded by the police from its director Khairi Anwar and actor Arjun Thanaraju.
Police secretary Deputy Comm Datuk Noorsiah Mohd Saaduddin previously said that eight police reports had been lodged against the movie.