High Court nod for transfer of Zizie Izette's review application


KUALA LUMPUR: The High Court here has allowed an application by Datin Seri Zizie Izette Abdul Samad, who is accused of abetting her husband Datuk Seri Bung Moktar Radin in a RM2.8mil corruption case, to have her review application transferred to a different High Court.

Justice Collin Lawrence Sequerah allowed Zizie Izette's application to transfer the review application against the Sessions Court decision that ordered her to enter her defence to Criminal High Court 7, where her husband's review application will be heard before Judicial Commissioner Azhar Abdul Hamid.

ALSO READ: Bung and Zizie to enter defence

Earlier in the proceedings here on Friday (Oct 7), Justice Sequerah was informed by Zizie Izette's counsel M. Athimulan that the prosecution did not object to the transfer.

DPP Mohd Sophian Zakaria confirmed to the court that the prosecution had no objection to both cases being transferred to the same court.

Athimulan also said the defence would file an application to consolidate Zizie Izette and Bung's review application next Tuesday (Oct 11) at JC Azhar's court.

Both the review applications are scheduled to be heard on their merits before JC Azhar on Oct 17.

ALSO READ: Review of Sessions Court's decision: Zizie Izette applies to hear case with Bung Moktar's application

Mohd Sophian later told the press that the prosecution would be making its arguments on Zizie Izette and Bung's stay application, their application to consolidate the cases, as well as the review application on the Oct 17 hearing.

On Sept 2, Sessions Court judge Rozina Ayob ordered the couple to enter their defence on corruption charges after finding that the prosecution had made a prima facie case against them.

Bung Moktar, who is Sabah Deputy Chief Minister and state Umno chief, faces three charges of accepting bribes amounting to RM2.8mil to obtain approval for Felcra Bhd to invest RM150mil in Public Mutual unit trusts.

Zizie Izette was accused of three charges of abetting him.

Justice Sequerah granted the couple a stay on the hearing of their defence trial pending the disposal of their applications to review the lower court order which ordered them to enter their defence on the charges.

Article type: free
User access status:
Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!
   

Next In Nation

Body of foreigner found in bushes with head injuries
King, Queen grace dinner in conjunction with Conference of Rulers meeting
Repair works completed, train services back to normal on Kelana Jaya LRT line
New water tariff adjustments for non-domestic categories from Jan 1 in Penang
Boy dies after being crushed by falling electric poles
Poster on traffic summonses discount is false, says Home Ministry
Body of man who fell off Tenom bridge found after six days
GE15: BN, PH candidates to discuss campaign strategy for Tioman seat
Civil service committed to implement reform agenda under PM Anwar, says Chief Secretary to the Government�
DID issues flood preparedness notice in three states

Others Also Read