GOMBAK: The circular issued by a school about potential kidnapping was just a precautionary measure, say the police.
Acting Gombak OCPD Supt Noor Ariffin mohamad Nasif said the circular was issued by a government school in Taman Samudra, Batu Caves.
“The letter was an initiative by the school as a reminder and it lists steps that should be taken by parents and guardians to prevent unwanted incidents.
“The school has confirmed that no kidnapping occurred,” he said in a statement on Wednesday (Sept 28).
Supt Noor Ariffin added that after the circular went viral, police received two reports of alleged kidnap attempts.
He said the reports were lodged by guardians and parents of students from two schools within the Gombak area.
“Investigations are being conducted to determine the authenticity of the incidents,” he said.
Bukit Aman corporate communications head Asst Comm A. Skandaguru, in a statement on Monday (Sept 26), denied that six children had been abducted for the purpose of harvesting their organs.
Viral messages have claimed that the children were kidnapped and that the police had found them in a lorry.
In Ipoh, police have confirmed that a purported attempt to kidnap a pupil outside SK Pengkalan in Taman Pinji Mewah was false after the investigations found that the nine-year-old girl had concocted a story about the incident and told it to her mother.
In Melaka, police are looking for the culprits behind fake voice messages that went viral, claiming that a primary school pupil had been abducted in Bukit Rambai.