Sungai Buloh Hospital cancels ban on food deliveries


PETALING JAYA: The Sungai Buloh Hospital's management has retracted an earlier internal memo that banned online food deliveries for staff and patients at the hospital.

Its director Dr Kuldip Kaur said the retraction would take effect immediately.

"We wish to inform you that the hospital management has retracted the ban as mentioned in the internal memo issued on Aug 9 effective immediately.

"Thank you for all the feedback and opinions.

"The Sungai Buloh Hospital management team will remain committed and concerned over the welfare and well being of its staff and patients," she said.

The hospital earlier came under fire after a photo of its memo on the ban was circulated online.

The memo, dated Aug 9 and reportedly issued by the hospital director, stated that the decision was reached during a meeting with all hospital department heads on July 26.

The decision to impose the ban was due to food waste that had "compromised the cleanliness of hospital wards".

The memo noted that the hospital had been receiving numerous complaints of increasing food waste and litter, as well as pests on hospital grounds.

It also noted that the hospital's cafeteria had been reminded to improve its services and preparation of food to meet the demands of staff and the general public.

Article type: free
User access status:
Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!
   

Next In Nation

PM arrives home from working visits to New York, Abu Dhabi
M’sian students in a bind
A timely investment opportunity for some with growth of US dollar
Weaker ringgit likely to attract inbound tourists
Strong greenback a welcome sign for some Malaysians
Good news, bad news for economy
Kids sexually abused online have no idea how to report it
Big push for polls begins tonight
Shining the light on Tugu Negara
Syndicate made RM3mil building websites for scammers

Others Also Read