JOHOR BARU: An eatery has been ordered to close after a video of an alleged food poisoning case went viral on Sunday (May 15).
Johor Health and Unity Committee chairman Ling Tian Soon said an inspection found that the level of cleanliness at the outlet in Taman Sentosa here was unsatisfactory.
“Premises closure orders and three Notices under Section 32B of the Food Act 1983 have been issued for offences that violate the Food Hygiene Regulations 2009 (PPKM)," he said in a statement on Monday (May 16).
Ling said the Johor Baru District Health Office was monitoring and tracking food poisoning cases related to the incident from government and private health facilities.
He also advised the public to take preventive measures to reduce the risk of food poisoning.
“Among them is choosing an eatery where the level of cleanliness is satisfactory,’ said Ling.
He said consumers should also practice "Look, Smell and Taste" before eating to avoid food poisoning.
Ling said those with symptoms of food poisoning such as stomach pain, vomiting and diarrhoea should seek immediate treatment.