Police call for witnesses of SS14 road accident to come forward


SUBANG JAYA: Police here are asking for witnesses to come forward to help their investigation into the death of a 19-year-old man in SS14/2 on Jan 12.

"So far we have yet to have any witnesses coming forward that could give us strong leads. We are basing our investigation on the post-mortem report," said Subang Jaya OCPD Asst Comm Abd Khalid Othman.

He added that checks at the scene showed no marks of collision, saying that the damage on the victim is similar to that of a road accident and that the post-mortem report concurs with our assessment

ACP Abd Khalid said that only one CCTV camera was in the area, adding that it was quite a distance away from where the body was found.

"From the footage, we have found nothing conclusive that would bring about new leads. I am urging the public to please come forward if they have any information on the case," he said.

On Jan 12 the victim was found on the ground with injuries to the back of the head and body.

A post-mortem on Jan 14 concluded that the cause of death was "blunt trauma to the head consistent with a road traffic accident".

The police have classified the case as death by reckless or dangerous driving.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 46
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights
   

Next In Nation

Was Azmin's ‘BMW and Kancil’ concept stolen from Barisan? asks S'gor BN info chief
Cops cripple diesel smuggling syndicate in Masai
Woman allegedly stabbed by 14-year-old son, seriously injured
Teen dies in motorcycle crash in Kulai
PM celebrates Aidilfitri with Keluarga Malaysia in Tokyo
Wushu coach to be charged with sexual harassment on May 26
Prosecution seeks revision of Long Tiger's discharge in extortion case
Flash floods hit several areas in Bidor, residents caught unprepared
E-hailing companies can have licences revoked for overcharging passengers, says Dr Wee
RM13mil contribution for mosque, tahfiz school not bribe, says Zahid

Others Also Read