Cops hunt suspect in Bidor murder


IPOH: The hunt is on for a man believed to be linked to the killing of an oil palm estate worker in Bidor.

Perak police chief Comm Datuk Mior Faridalathrash said the body of a 29-year-old man was found buried near an oil palm estate on Tuesday.

Police have already arrested another suspect, aged 30, also on Tuesday, he said.

“He revealed that the man had been killed and took us to the place where the deceased was buried,” he said yesterday.

Comm Mior said the case has been reclassified from kidnapping to murder.

The victim was kidnapped near a fish pond in Kampung Ipoh, Bidor, on Sept 13.

“We believe he owed a debt to the suspects,” he said.

Comm Mior added that the suspects attacked the victim and a friend with wooden sticks.

The friend was threatened and told not to tell anyone about the incident before the victim was bundled into a car and driven away, he said, adding that a police report was only lodged by the friend on Oct 3.

“When we found the man’s body, it was wrapped in canvas,” he said.

A postmortem conducted at Hospital Raja Permaisuri Bainun yesterday found that the man had died from multiple injuries made by blunt and sharp objects. Both the victim and the 30-year-old suspect worked as oil palm fruit collectors.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights

Bidor , murder ,

   

Next In Nation

Cops looking for men seen attacking car in viral video clip
Man shot, killed at point-blank range in front of family in Kedah
Don't let militant groups make Sabah their next base, says security analyst
MMEA foils bid to smuggle over RM1mil worth of drugs
Enough personal money to settle credit card bills, no need to use foundation's funds, says Ahmad Zahid
Govt agency employee remanded to help in abuse of power probe
Woman reported missing at Pantai Penunjuk found drowned
Flash floods hit several major roads in KL
Sarawak expecting 1.2 million tourist arrivals this year
Six houses in Semporna's Kg Bubul destroyed in fire

Others Also Read