KOTA BARU (Bernama): The Kelantan government is waiting for an official report from the State Forestry Department over the issue of farm operators found encroaching on land at the Ulu Galas Forest Reserve near Kampung Pulai in Gua Musang, says Datuk Mohd Amar Nik Abdullah (pic).
The Deputy Mentri Besar said from information received earlier, there was evidence of intrusion and enforcement action had been taken.
"Normally such reports are sent directly to Mentri Besar Datuk Ahmad Yakob.
"As we are aware, you can’t simply enter and it is an offence to carry out activities especially farming in forest reserves. Only those with permits are allowed to enter the forests,” he told reporters after a state exco meeting at Kompleks Kota Darulnaim here Wednesday (Oct 20).
On Oct 14, it was reported that more than 30 farmers who had been operating in an area covering about 90ha in Kampung Pulai, Gua Musang, by planting Musang King durian and rubber trees over the past 25 years were issued land eviction notices and instructed to vacate the area within 14 days.
State Forestry director Abdul Khalim Abu Samah, meanwhile, said that further action would be taken after the department and the state government found a fair solution for all parties, including the farmers, involved.
In another development, Amar said there would be no objections if state executive council members are told to get Covid-19 vaccine booster shots.
"There is no decision yet because the federal government has not decided if the booster dose is mandatory (for exco members). If so, we will follow suit. We will abide by matters decided by the National Security Council,” he said.
He also reminded the Kelantanese, especially those who were fully vaccinated, to adhere to the standard operating procedures under the National Recovery Plan and not let their guard down as the pandemic was still not over. - Bernama