Covid-19: Three new clusters and 14 deaths in Sarawak on Friday (Sept 24)


SIBU: Sarawak recorded an increase in Covid-19 cases from 1,766 a day earlier to 2,825 cases on Friday (Sept 24).

A total of 14 deaths and three new clusters were also reported.

The state disaster management committee said the majority or 2,812 cases (99.54%) were in Category One and Two while the remaining 13 cases (0.46%) were in Categories Three, Four and Five.

The total number of cases in the state was now 193,434.

The 14 fatalities comprised 10 men and four women.

"Kuching reported the highest number of deaths at six, followed by Serian, Betong and Sibu with two each,while Sri Aman and Bintulu reported one death each," the committee said in a statement.

Three new clusters also contributed 252 new cases to the total.

The committee said the clusters involved a longhouse in Sungai Merusa, Subis; a logistics company in Haidah, Bintulu; and a village in Kanawa Baram, Marudi.

It also said a total of 45 compound notices were issued for SOP violations, with 38 in Kuching, three each in Bau and Miri, and one in Padawan.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!
   

Next In Nation

Malaysia regains Cat 1 International Aviation Safety Assessment safety rating, says Dr Wee
PM to seek audience with King to present potential parliament dissolution dates
PM to seek audience with King to present possible Parliament dissolution dates
Over RM8.8mil claimed in child car seat rebates, says Miros
Umno top five reach consensus on GE15, but date still opaque
Black panther caught in Semenyih housing estate
MACC chief among those in Sabah Governor's birthday honour list
Shah Alam stadium to be demolished, new state-of-the-art facility to be built in its place
Umno supreme council members arrive for special meeting
Telecommunication tower to be built in Danum Valley, says Comms Ministry sec-gen

Others Also Read