Mosquito coil fire guts three houses


Up in smoke: The fire at Kg Bariawa Ulu consuming the homes in Keningau.

KOTA KINABALU: A lit mosquito coil was believed to have started a fire that destroyed three houses in Kampung Bariawa in Keningau.

Firemen said a victim told them that she had woken up to the smell of smoke at about 4am yesterday and saw flames under her bed, where she had placed the mosquito coil.

It is learnt that she woke up her family members and alerted her neighbours to leave their houses.

The fire spread to two other wooden houses but did not cause injury.

State Fire and Rescue Department public relations officer Mohd Affendy K. Ramin said they got the call at 4.34am, but the fire had completely destroyed the houses when firemen arrived.

He said nine firemen in three fire engines brought the fire under control at about 5.28am.

Separately, two other houses – one in Kampung Batu Putih in Kinabatangan and the other at Teck Guan Villain Lido here –were also destroyed by fire.

No injuries were reported in both incidents.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 46
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights

Mosquito coil , fire ,

   

Next In Nation

Preliminary studies needed before any implementation of Penang elevated link, says Fadillah
Over 51,000 prison inmates, personnel infected with Covid-19 since last year, says Deputy Home Minister
Teraju to study 51% bumiputra equity in local freight forwarding companies, says Finance Minister
Focus on ensuring 12MP gives M'sia a giant push forward, says Khaled
All 164 money laundering cases of Bayan Baru Umno division chief to be combined at Butterworth court
Wrong-way drivers caused 807 accidents since January, Dr Wee tells Dewan Rakyat
Cheras cops dispose of over 2,000 case items worth RM150,000
Auditor-General's Report: 17 performance audits carried out on 13 ministries involving RM90.635bil
Covid-19: Nearly 94% of adult population has received at least one vaccine dose
Nonagenarian killed in Penampang house fire, wife suffers burns

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers