Covid-19: Nine localities in Perak, Pahang, Kedah, Sabah under EMCO from July 26, says Ismail Sabri


PETALING JAYA: Nine localities will be placed under the enhanced movement control order from July 26 to Aug 8, says Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.

He said such a decision was reached by the National Security Council after studying input from the Health Ministry and considering the risks and Covid-19 infection trends.

In Perak, two localities in the Kinta district will be under EMCO, namely Medan Klebang Restu in Chemor and Bandar Pulai Jaya in Sg. Raia mukim.

“Another locality is Block 5 in Felda Keratong 7, Muadzam Shah in Rompin, Pahang,” said Ismail Sabri in a statement on Saturday (July 24).

The workers’ hostel and Hospital Pendang construction site in Pendang, Kedah will also be placed under EMCO.

In Sabah, five localities to be under EMCO are Kampung Lajau and Kampung Kota Klias in Beaufort, Kim Loong housing estate in Beluran, Kampung Tungkang in Kudat and Kampung Telisai in Tungku, Lahad Datu.

He said the SOP for all areas under EMCO is the same as announced previously, and more information can be found by logging onto www.mkn.gov.my

Meanwhile, Ismail Sabri said the EMCO has been lifted in seven other localities in Sabah, including the Ql Farm Membalua in Tawau, Kampung Pikat in Bongawan, Papar and Kampung Jawi-Jawi in Kota Belud.

Others are localities in Kota Kinabalu, namely the Kepayan prison, Kampung Suang Parai, Taman Kingfisher Sulaman and Bandaran Berjaya.

On another matter, Ismail Sabri said 735 individuals arrived at the country’s international entry points and have been quarantined.

“On Friday, a total of 182 disinfection operations were carried out nationwide, including 76 red zones, two orange zones and two yellow zones.

“A total of 33,738 of such operations, involving 157 zones, have been carried out since March 2020.

“Such sanitisation works involve business centres, housing areas, public areas, supermarkets and government buildings,” he said.

Ismail Sabri said food supply in the country was stable and sufficient based on checks by the enforcement officers in the Domestic Trade And Consumer Affairs Ministry.

“Some 733 daily checks were conducted on 11 types of food supplies consisting of grocers (545), wholesalers (158) and manufacturers (30).

“The ministry also conducted 2,180 special checks and of that number, 2,171 premises were compliant while nine were compounded,” he said.

Article type: free
User access status:
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights
   

Next In Nation

G25 expresses concern over govt’s ‘paranoia’ over Nur Sajat
Man under investigation over claims of being able to dine in unvaccinated
M’sian cops to launch extradition request to arrest Nur Sajat
One of three MACC officers probed for RM25mil theft case nabbed by police for drugs, firearm possession
Body of unidentified men found near MMEA Batu Pahat jetty
Govt will implement anti-party hopping law, but yet to decide if it should be a criminal offence, says law minister
Implement long overdue Sabah IC to help resolve undocumented migrant issue in the state, says Kitingan
Covid-19: Sabah's daily cases increase to 1,629 on Thursday (Sept 23)
Air Selangor: Unscheduled water supply disruption involving six areas in Shah Alam
Boy found drowned a day after falling off boat, second victim still missing

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers