Covid-19: Kedah to receive larger vaccine supply next week, says MB


ALOR SETAR (Bernama): Kedah will receive a larger supply of Covid-19 vaccines next week, speeding up the vaccination process in the state which has seen a spike in infections, says Mentri Besar Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor (pic).

Without specifying the total number of doses to be received, he said surplus vaccines from vaccination centres (PPV) in Langkawi would also be brought to the mainland to speed up the vaccination process.

There were among matters decided at the state Security Special Committee meeting, which he chaired on Friday (July 23) to discuss efforts to be taken to address the increase in Covid-19 positive cases in Kedah.

Muhammad Sanusi said another mega PPV will be opened in Sungai Petani as soon as possible and a new PPV will be opened at Sultan Abdul Halim Mu'adzam Shah International Islamic University (UniSHAMS) in Baling district next week.

"Registration of vaccine recipients through MySejahtera and other methods will be further intensified in line with the increase in vaccine supplies from the Science, Technology and Innovation Ministry (Mosti)," he said in a statement here on Friday.

He said the mobile vaccination initiative would also be expanded in all districts in need of the services, adding that they will be handled by the respective district Covid-19 Immunisation Task Force (CITF).

Muhammad Sanusi added that the Public-Private Partnership Industrial Covid-19 Immunisation Programme (Pikas) for industrial workers in Sungai Petani will begin operating at the Minebea Electronics Motor Sdn Bhd Factory on July 26 and another one will operate in Kubang Pasu in the near future.

He also said the state government would supply 200 units of pulse oximeters (blood oxygen content measuring device) to the state Health Department for the use of Covid-19 category one and two patients treated at home as well as to fund the operations of the quarantine center and treatment of Covid-19 patients at the Aminuddin Baki Institute in Jitra.

Muhammad Sanusi said Kedah will also seek the approval of the National Security Council to implement the enhanced movement control order in a construction site area in Pendang district.

Earlier on Friday, Health director-general Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said a total of 15,573 new cases were recorded today nationwide, 937 of which were reported in Kedah.- Bernama

Article type: free
User access status:
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights

COVID-19 , Kedah , vaccines , Muhammad Sanusi , infections , PPV , PIKAS

   

Next In Nation

PM gave me wide powers with NRC chairman role, says Muhyiddin
Current Covid-19 stats disprove claims of Internet trolls, says Muhyiddin
Undi18 could lead to unpredictable GE15 outcome, says Fadillah
PM approves RM1mil for strengthening Sungai Kemensah riverbank
J-Kom spent RM14,500 on Covid-19 publicity efforts
Over RM1mil spent on renovations, new furniture for PM's Department
Payment being finalised to MySejahtera app developers, says PM
Health Ministry should take over management of MySejahtera app, says PAC chairman
Parliament debates stretch into night time on Tuesday (Sept 21)
Almost 400 human trafficking victims rescued this year, say police

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers