No exploding phone in batch presented by Perak govt, says MB


IPOH: There have been no cases of smartphones presented by the Perak government exploding, says Mentri Besar Datuk Saarani Mohamad.

He said there were also no other complaints about the phones so far.

“The exploding smartphone issue was probably not from Perak. In fact, there have been more applications received for the phones,” he told a press conference held via Zoom on Wednesday (July 7).

“We don’t have the exact number of applications but more requests certainly have been made,” he said.

In a tweet, Muar MP Syed Saddiq Syed Abdul Rahman had said that a smartphone, allegedly presented by the government, had exploded.

Syed Saddiq also urged the government to recall the phones and replace them with better quality ones.

The tweet has been retweeted over 11,000 times.

Saarani also said Perak is preparing to enter the third phase of the National Covid-19 Immunisation Programme once it receives 688,000 doses of vaccine later this month.

“For now, over 400,000 people aged 18 and above have received their first dose while about 239,147 have had both doses.

“We are working on getting more people vaccinated and setting up more vaccination centres (PPV),” he said.

He added that the state would also set up a mega vaccination drive-through centre in Tambun where about 5,000 to 7,700 vaccinations can be administered daily.

“We are also setting up new PPVs in Tanjung Malim and at Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman in Kampar,” he said.

“We are also planning to set up three special PPVs for industrial workers in Manjung, Kinta and Larut, Matang and Selama districts,” he said.

Saarani added that for now, about 66% or about 1.2 million people in the state have registered for vaccination through the MySejahtera application.

“If the vaccine supply arrives on schedule, we will be able to record about 24,000 to 30,000 shots a day,” he said.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 46
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights
   

Next In Nation

Immigration nabs factory owner, 45 foreign nationals in raid
Sabah govt forms committee to handle, monitor flash floods, says Bung Moktar
Covid-19: Khairy urges pharmacists to guide Malaysians into endemic phase
Mosti aims for 5,000 employment opportunities in 2022
Over RM30bil in economic grants, subsidies discussed at Pakatan-Finance Ministry meeting ahead of Budget 2022
Covid-19: Almost 45% of eligible Orang Asli fully vaccinated, says Jakoa DG
Unfair to make seniors go for medical check-up before driving licence renewal, says group
Investigators seize luxury vehicles, RM50,000 cash in probe on three MACC officers, sources say
King and Queen visit Malaysian High Commission in UK
Business events group appeals for swift reopening of sector

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers