Learn to cook during EMCO from blind YouTuber


Let’s get cooking: A filepic showing Low preparing a curry dish as Khoo pours himself a drink at their home in Taman Nagasari.

BUKIT MERTAJAM: Visually-impaired YouTuber Low Wee Keong, 46, has stocked up his two freezers and is all set to make new cooking videos from his house within the enhanced movement control order area of Taman Nagasari near here.

Low’s YouTube channel Blind In The Kitchen has over 7,500 subscribers and he has plans to create more videos in relation to the lockdown.

“I will make cooking videos on surviving a lockdown with simple and quick recipes.

“Items such as onions, eggs and dried ingredients can be nutritious and at the same time affordable to stock up,” he added.

His housemate Alex Khoo helps take the cooking videos. And Low does the editing himself, using special features on his smartphone for those who are visually-impaired.

“I anticipated the lockdown to be extended and stocked up my freezers before the enhanced MCO started,” he said.

A former aircraft engineer, he lost his vision in a worksite accident in 2007 in Singapore and has fully adapted to the sightless way of life.

Even before he lost his sight, Low loved to cook.

He said now that he could not see, he felt that his sense of taste and touch had grown more acute and led to the food he cooked being tastier.

His previous cooking videos, over 80 of them, include step-by-step instructions on dealing with lobsters, whole fresh abalone, jumbo sea snails and a great deal more.

Taman Nagasari, a neighbourhood of about 3,000 residents, is under the enhanced MCO until July 17.

The residents are hit by three factory clusters and so far, one in 10 residents tested positive for Covid-19.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 46
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights

blind , YouTuber , Low Wee Keong , cooking , videos

   

Next In Nation

Dr Adham Baba: Over 93% of adults in the country have received at least one dose of the vaccine
Sabah expecting over RM200mil from Federal Govt for in disaster relief, says state govt
Mosques in Perlis to open fully from Wednesday
Former Kunak rep Nilwan Kabang passes away
Senai Utara-Kulai Northbound right lane on PLUS closed for upgrading works
Man found dead in car submerged underwater in Sabah
Covid-19: Health Ministry reports 324 fatalities as of Saturday (Sept 18)
Body of 'kelong' worker who fell into sea found, says MMEA
Covid-19: Over 230,000 vaccine doses administered on Saturday (Sept 18)
Chong Wei's donation will benefit people around Bukit Mertajam, says Health DG

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers