BUKIT MERTAJAM: The Seberang Prai City Council (MBSP) has issued notices to traders at Bukit Mertajam market to undergo a swab test after several traders tested positive for Covid-19.
Mayor Datuk Rozali Mohamud said the notices were issued to 265 licensed traders and also to 130 unlicensed traders at the market.
"I urge those who haven't done the swab test to go as soon as possible. They can either go to the Central Seberang Prai health department, private clinics or labs," he said during a press conference at the market on Saturday (June 5).
Rozali said those who had undergone swab tests must conduct self-quarantine at home until their quarantine period is over.
The Bukit Mertajam market - which has been classified as the Jalan Pasar cluster - has been closed after three Covid-19 cases were reported.
The closure of the market, initially scheduled to end on June 8, will be extended for another day by the Health Ministry.
As of June 4, some 17 traders have tested positive from the cluster so far.