Viral video claiming Beaufort in chaos is fake, says Sabah police


KOTA KINABALU: Police have denied a viral video claiming that Beaufort district is now a violent and dangerous place.

The video, showing a man brutally slash and later shot multiple times to death, is making its rounds on social media.

Two voice messages, in the Chinese Hakka dialect claiming that Beaufort district is now in chaos and dangerous, also accompany the video.

The messages from an unidentified man also said that though he is not sure whether the video was taken in Sabah, he is asking if the people agree with him that the attack victim looks like a local villager.

Sabah Police Commissioner Datuk Hazani Ghazali when contacted said that the information in the messages is fake and that the video was not recorded in Sabah.

He said this preliminary information is based on the language heard in the video, which sounded foreign.

“I will lodge a report on this matter and against the person in the voice message, ” he said.

Hazani said stern legal action will be taken against the person behind the voice message.

He urged the people of Beaufort and Sabah to keep calm and not believe unverified information.

Unverified information and "advice" to people especially those in Beaufort had been surfacing ever since security forces arrested a number of armed Abu Sayyaf members and their families in the district recently. Several Abu Sayyaf members were also killed in the incident.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 46
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights

Fake , Viral video , Police , Beaufort , Abu Sayyaf

   

Next In Nation

Nonagenarian killed in Penampang house fire, wife suffers burns
Gemas-JN electrified double track poject will create job opportunities for locals, says Tampin MP
Making money out of used cooking oil
National Energy Police important guide for stakeholders to move forward, says academician
Covid 19: Death toll now at 25,695 with 258 total fatalities reported Monday (Sept 27)
Flashback #Star50: Harder for match fixers
Accidents involving wrong-way drivers among issues to be raised in Dewan Rakyat Tuesday (Sept 28)
Subang cops nab roadside flasher
Move to reduce carbon
Lowest figures in more than two months

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers