Full MCO in Selangor a possibility, says Health Minister


PETALING JAYA: Selangor may return to a full movement control order like it did in March last year if Covid-19 cases in the state continue to surge, says the Health Ministry.

Its minister Datuk Seri Dr Adham Baba said a stricter enforcement of the standard operating procedures (SOP) and the MCO would be considered if the current measures are not sufficient to curb the spread of the virus.

"I agree with the proposal for a stricter enforcement of the SOPs and MCO if the on-going measures are unable to contain the spread of the virus.

"The proposal to implement a full MCO is something that we can consider (to propose to the National Security Council)," said Dr Adham during the Covid-19 Immunisation Task Force weekly press conference on Monday (May 17).

Dr Adham said this full MCO could be considered to other states as well if their cases can't be contained.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 46
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights
   

Next In Nation

Covid-19: New cluster detected at Politeknik Kulim
Sabah MACC bust online gambling syndicate in Tawau
Man dies on first day at work after backhoe plunges on him
Covid-19: Refugees in Malaysia to get CanSino vaccine, says Khairy
UTM in knowledge sharing partnership with Gaza University
Govt's suit seeking RM253.6mil from NFC to continue on Jan 24
Melaka’s Oceanarium facing losses, aquatic species may be auctioned off, says CEO
Covid-19: KK records highest number of new cases due to continued screenings, new cluster
Covid-19: 22 new clusters, 14 linked to workplaces
Covid-19: Nearly 70% of cases are sporadic, almost half detected in Klang Valley

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers