KUCHING: The current conditional movement control order in Sarawak will be extended from May 18 to June 7, says the state disaster management committee.
The committee decided on the extension after assessing the Covid-19 situation in the state, where cases remain high.
"Additional information on the standard operating procedures (SOP) for the conditional MCO will be displayed on the National Security Council's website," it said in a statement on Saturday (May 15).
Earlier this week, Sarawak decided to maintain its current conditional MCO with stricter SOP until May 17 instead of implementing MCO 3.0.
Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin had announced the nationwide MCO from May 12 to June 7, with the stipulation that Sabah, Sarawak and Labuan could continue to implement their existing standard operating procedures (SOP).
With the latest extension, the conditional MCO in the state will run until the same date as MCO 3.0.
The committee also announced that the enhanced MCO will be enforced in six more villages and longhouses in the state.
The affected localities are Kampung Jabai and Kampung Hulu Sebauh in Bintulu from May 14 to 27, Rumah Ayup and Rumah Nyandang Lasi in Julau from May 15 to 31 and Rumah Berayun and Rumah Douglas Jenuang in Pakan, also from May 15 to 31.
In addition, the enhanced MCO was extended at Rumah Jali and Rumah Lanyau in Mukah from May 16 to 23 and at Rumah Gana and Rumah Lat in Sarikei from May 18 to 23.
Meanwhile, the committee said Sarawak reported 324 new Covid-19 cases and four deaths on Saturday.
This takes the cumulative tally to 37,978 cases with 219 deaths.
Of the new cases, 269 were detected through screening of close contacts and active clusters.
There were also three imported cases involving two individuals returning from other states in Malaysia and one returning from Papua New Guinea.
The latest deaths comprised two women and two men aged from 63 to 92 years. All had various comorbidities, including hypertension and diabetes.