Form One student hospitalised after being beaten up in school


PETALING JAYA: A Form One student, accused of teasing two other students, was beaten up in school and suffered multiple injuries.

A picture of the incident was uploaded on social media, falsely claiming that a girl had been beaten nearly to death.

It also claimed the girl suffered injuries to almost all of her body parts and could not move.

Hulu Selangor OCPD Supt Arsad Kamaruddin said they received a police report over the incident at 6.26pm on May 4.

"The complainant, a 41-year-old housewife, claimed that she received a call from one of her daughters' teachers at 3.15pm, claiming that she had been beaten up at Sekolah Menengah Taman Bunga Raya 1 Bukit Beruntung.

"She rushed to the school and found her daughter lying on the floor with multiple injuries," he said in a statement on Tuesday.

He said the victim suffered pain in her right leg and bruises all over her body.

"The victim claimed that two students she knew beat her up after claiming she had teased them.

"The victim was taken to the Selayang Hospital and warded in the yellow zone," he said, adding that they have identified the other students who were involved.

He said the case has been classified as voluntarily causing hurt under Section 323 of the Penal Code.

"The preliminary report from Hospital Selayang showed that the victim suffered scratches to her forehead and swelling of her left ankle.

"The investigation papers have been completed and will be referred to the Deputy Public Prosecutor for further instructions," he said, urging the public to not easily believe wild claims of the individual who uploaded the post on social media.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 46
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3

Police , School , Assault , Student , Beat up , Social media

   

Next In Nation

Cops arrest four over break-in at MBPP mayor's official residence
Dr Wee: All public transport services can operate during current MCO
FMM: Two-week lockdown extension could devastate industries
Covid-19: Two new clusters linked to Gawai celebrations detected in Sarawak
Malaysia will not send pilgrims for haj this year
Annuar: Mobile trucks to vaccinate market traders, workers, hawkers
Covid-19: Two people in 30s without recorded comorbidities among 76 new deaths
Lockdown in Sabah also extended to June 28, says CM
Covid-19: Govt seeking out UNHCR cardholders for vaccination
Several areas in Negri, Cameron Highlands and Sabah under EMCO, says Ismail Sabri

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers