KOTA KINABALU: The two new clusters in Sabah on Thursday (Feb 18) originated from restaurant workers in Penampang district.
State Local Government and Housing Minister Datuk Seri Masidi Manjun (pic) said the first was the Lot Satu cluster with nine positive cases.
"The index case is a restaurant worker at Donggongon who tested positive following symptomatic screening at a private hospital on Feb 14, and the rest of the cases were discovered from close contacts and workplace contact tracing.
"The Lot Tujuh cluster, meanwhile, recorded eight cumulative cases, with the index case being a restaurant staff at Jalan Pintas, also discovered from symptomatic screening on Feb 16.
"Screening of close contacts and at the workplace is being continued to trace any further spread," he said in a statement on daily Covid-19 developments in Sabah.
Meanwhile, Masidi announced further relaxation pertaining to house of worship activities in Sabah in line with the conditional movement control order in the state effective Friday (Feb 19).
Akad Nikah ceremonies are now allowed at mosque premises with an attendance not exceeding 20 people at a time and with protocols in place, where food and beverage will be in pre-packed form, he added.
The Sabah government has already announced mosque, suraus and other houses of worship re-opened with limited capacity last week, but Masidi today said the numbers allowed are now expanded to one third of the premises capacity, taking account of physical distancing.
"The state government allows religious classes at the mosque not exceeding five hours, and not more than 20 individuals present," he added.
Sabah recorded 114 new cases on Thursday, with three fatalities.