Enhanced MCO in two areas in Perak and one in Sarawak to end on Feb 16


PUTRAJAYA: The enhanced movement control order (MCO) will end in two areas in Perak and a village in Sarawak on Feb 16 (Tuesday).

Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said in the case of Felcra Nasaruddin in Perak, health authorities had carried out 481 Covid-19 swab tests on residents, with 20 positive cases detected.

He said the number of cases in the locality is showing a downward trend, and after a risk assessment, the government agreed to lift the enhanced MCO on Feb 16 as scheduled.

Ismail Sabri also announced the end of the enhanced MCO on Feb 16 for Peringkat 1 and 2 Felda Bersia in Hulu Perak.

Health authorities, which had screened 409 individuals, found 29 positive cases so far, and confirmed that no new cases had been reported at the locality.

“As for Kampung Sungai Ud in Sarawak, health authorities carried out 2,042 screenings and cumulatively, 41 positive cases were recorded, ” he said on Monday (Feb 15).

He said the last two positive cases were reported at the locality on Feb 13, and added the risk assessment from multiple-agencies allowed for the lifting of the enhanced MCO there on Feb 16. (ends)

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 46
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Next In Nation

Trailer driver, attendant killed in crash on KL-Karak Expressway
All must work together to cancel that noise, says Wee
Covid-19 cases in the country on an upward trend
60-year-old makes daring escape from carjackers
Taken in by dubious facts
Jeck Seng: Registration for vaccination still low in Pontian
Inoculation for Covid-19 approaching 400,000 mark
Shocked over such short notice
Many left confused and unsure what to do next
Azmin believes leaked audio clip is authentic

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers