Penang High Court to hear case of security guard charged with murdering chef


GEORGE TOWN: The case of a 65-year-old security guard who was charged with murdering a chef will be transferred from the Magistrate's Court to the High Court here.

Magistrate Jamaliah Abd Manap fixed Feb 16 to grant consent for the prosecution to transfer the case involving Ong Lai Seng.

Ong allegedly killed 42-year-old Chuah Kok Seong at the guardhouse of Block 8 of Desa May apartments in Persiaran Paya Terubong here at about 8.50pm on Dec 5 last year.

He was charged under Section 302 of the Penal Code with murder.

Deputy Public Prosecutor Yazid Mustaqim Roslan prosecuted.

The 42-year-old victim was stabbed 10 times at a guard post of the apartment where Ong worked as a security guard.

The suspect claimed that he stabbed the victim as he could not withstand the constant harassment he received from the victim.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 18
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

67% readers found this article insightful

Next In Nation

Cradle Fund CEO murder trial: Arrow fragments found in house compound, court told
Inter-district travel opens up opportunities for tourism sector, says Nancy
Umno members must vote to cut ties with Bersatu, says Ku Li
Covid-19: Sabah records lowest daily cases at 53 since last September
Covid-19: Seven new clusters detected, one linked to Seremban old folks home, others to workplaces
CMCO: Travel between Selangor, KL allowed but police permission needed to enter Putrajaya, says Ismail Sabri
Health DG: Protecting 'green zones' remains top priority in interstate travel decision
Ismail Sabri: Allowing interstate travel depends on Health Ministry's risk assessment
Malaysia calls for dialogue, release of Aung San Suu Kyi and others by Myanmar military
Covid-19 cases on downward trend with 1,555 new infections on Tuesday

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers