Relief centres closing in Johor as flooding eases


JOHOR BARU: Three more temporary relief centres have closed as the flood situation in the state continues to improve.

State health and environment committee chairman R. Vidyananthan (pic) said as of 12pm on Thursday (Jan 14), the number of people in temporary relief centres statewide had dropped to 2,752 from 2,943 previously.

"Three more temporary relief centres have also been shut down and there are currently 27 such centres that are still open in the five affected districts.

"The district with the highest number of victims is Kota Tinggi with 2,079 victims, followed by 464 victims in Johor Baru, 121 in Kluang, 76 in Segamat and 12 in Batu Pahat," he said in a statement here on Thursday (Jan 14).

He added that only the Jalan Kota Tinggi - Kluang centre is still closed due to the flood as of 12pm on Thursday, while other roads that were previously closed have now been opened.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 18
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3

Johor , floods , relief centres , improve , close

   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

Next In Nation

Man rams car into police roadblock while on the phone
Covid-19: Cases up by 3,339, bringing total to 158,434 (updated daily)
Fostering certified timber usage in building and construction
Penang Hill listing could happen soon
‘Malaysian Breakfast’ for intangible heritage list?
Recognising our cultural diversity
MOH guidelines on homecare
Cops score major drug haul
Suspected wildlife smuggler nabbed again
Solve Sabah’s flood problems, govt urged

Stories You'll Enjoy