PETALING JAYA: The recovery movement control order throughout the country has been extended until March 31, says Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.
He said the Health Ministry conducted risk assessments and found that cases were still increasing significantly.
“The government agreed to extend the recovery MCO nationwide except for Selangor, Kuala Lumpur and Sabah as well as other localities placed under conditional or enhanced MCO, ” he said yesterday.
The Kejora Juara workers’ hostel in Bukit Pasir, Muar, Johor, has also been placed under enhanced MCO from today until Jan 15.
“The Westlite 1 and 2 workers’ hostels in Senai, Johor, will also be placed under enhanced MCO during the same period.”
On the other hand, the enhanced MCO at Apartment Ria in Jalan Genting, Bentong, Pahang, ended yesterday.
Meanwhile, the Labuan Health Department has made it compulsory for all travellers to present negative Antigen Rapid Test Kit (RTK-Ag) or polymerase chain reaction (PCR) Covid-19 results before being allowed to enter the duty-free island.
Its director Dr Ismuni Bohari said the additional condition applied to all visitors and travellers across Malaysia entering the island via Labuan ferry terminals and Labuan Airport starting yesterday.
“We have to enforce the stricter ruling following the increase in Covid-19 cases lately.
“Yesterday (Thursday), a dozen passengers who arrived at the Labuan Airport tested positive for the virus, and we cannot afford to have more cases coming in from those outside Labuan, ” he told Bernama.
Prior to this, travellers could have the test done either at the Labuan Airport or Labuan Ro-Ro Ferry Terminal for a minimal fee of RM61.
Dr Ismuni said the condition was similar to what was being enforced by Sabah and Sarawak governments.
Labuan has so far recorded 1,701 cases and currently has four active clusters, namely Hujung Pasir, J Bandar, Titian and Saguking. — Bernama
Did you find this article insightful?
25% readers found this article insightful