Stern action will be taken against traders who abuse DBKL's free business region licences, says Annuar Musa


KOTA BARU (Bernama): The Federal Territories Ministry has issued a stern warning to traders who misuse the licence issued to them under the "Wilayah Bebas Berniaga” or Free Business Region (FBR) programme by giving it to foreigners.

Minister Tan Sri Annuar Musa said traders found doing so would have their names blacklisted and their licences revoked.

" Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) will investigate to ensure that the traders do not get more than one FBR licence and the licence is issued only to Malaysian citizens, ” he told reporters after giving away contributions, in the form of basic necessities, to the Chinese community affected by the Covid-19 outbreak in Kampung Tokong, Ketereh here Saturday (Dec 12).

Annuar said as at Friday (Dec 11), DBKL had received 3,300 applications for FBR licences.

A total of 1,700 applications had been approved and the number of applications that has been rejected is small and mainly for applying to operate in unauthorised areas, he said, adding that the remaining applications are still being processed

He hoped those who have been issued with the licence to not cause inconvenience to the public and to operate their businesses according to the standard operating procedures (SOPs).

Annuar also said that he is happy that the FBR programme was also being carried out in other states. - Bernama

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 18
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

50% readers found this article insightful

Next In Nation

No documents found on Yayasan Akalbudi's contributions over purchase of bungalows in Kajang, says witness
Madius denies backing Perikatan
Penang cops investigating report of man in pink wristband seen at hardware store
MB: Selangor govt to evaluate need to hold State Assembly meeting
Police arrest four men for allegedly using taxi for trafficking drugs worth RM3.4mil
RM17.9mil from Yayasan Akalbudi funds withdrawn without board's consent, says witness in Zahid's trial
EMCO in Kg Tanah Merah in Kota Marudu extended until March 22
Over half a million in Sabah completed census, says state Statistics Dept
Covid-19: Cases linked to a supermarket in Cheras among three new workplace clusters
Contractor rescued after being buried alive while doing cable works in Klang

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers