PETALING JAYA: The police will extend the remand of a TV personality currently detained over an alleged rape after new police reports were lodged against him.
"The suspect's remand was supposed to end Tuesday (Dec 1) but due to the multiple reports received Monday (Nov 30), a remand order will be requested tomorrow to aid investigations into the new cases.
"As of now, six reports have been received, five of which were in Shah Alam and one in Petaling Jaya," said Selangor CID chief Senior Asst Comm Datuk Fadzil Ahmat (pic) in a statement Monday night.
He also urged victims to not be afraid and to come forward to lodge reports.
Investigations are being conducted for rape, molestation and for committing carnal intercourse against nature without consent.
Earlier on Monday, Petaling Jaya OCPD Asst Comm Nik Ezanee Mohd Faisal said that a victim had lodged a report against the suspect on Nov 29 where she claimed that she had been molested by the man in October.
This follows a prior report lodged in Shah Alam.
On Nov 27, Shah Alam OCPD Asst Comm Baharudin Mat Taib said that the suspect had been arrested for the alleged rape on Sept 11 last year.
Did you find this article insightful?
69% readers found this article insightful