KUALA LUMPUR: The National Security Council will enforce the enhanced movement control order (MCO) at the Kota Kinabalu temporary detention centre in Sabah from Nov 3 to 16, says Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.
The Senior Minister said the move would involve 1,820 detainees and 114 personnel.
As of Oct 30,261 detainees and personnel had been screened and 56 detainees tested positive for Covid-19, he said.
“Under the enhanced MCO, all movements in and out of the Kota Kinabalu temporary detention centre, as well as visits by family members, are not allowed, ” he told a press conference yesterday.
Meanwhile, the enhanced MCO at the Alor Setar Prison in Kedah will end today.
According to Ismail Sabri, no Covid-19 case had been recorded there in the last seven days.
On another matter, he said 485 individuals were detained for violating regulations under the recovery MCO on Saturday.
Among the violations committed were failing to wear face masks (162), failing to practise physical distancing (123), failing to provide registration tools for purposes of contact tracing (79), indulging in entertainment centres (25), operating business premises over the stipulated hours or operating without permission (13), and others (83).
Elaborating on Ops Benteng, Ismail Sabri said 41 foreigners were detained and four land vehicles were seized on Saturday. — Bernama
Did you find this article insightful?