Cops to investigate video of wanted man allegedly insulting royalty, government


  • Nation
  • Saturday, 17 Oct 2020

PETALING JAYA: An investigation has been launched under the Sedition Act and the Communications and Multimedia Act over a video of a wanted man who allegedly insulted royalty and the government.

Bukit Aman CID director Comm Datuk Huzir Mohamed said Saturday (Oct 17) that the suspect was also wanted for previous offences, also under the previously mentioned acts and for criminal intimidation and intentional insult with intent to provoke a breach of the peace.

"An investigation has been opened over the one-minute, 33-second video that had elements of sedition," he said.

"The 38-year-old suspect is also wanted for three other cases. The police believe that he is now overseas as checks of his movements showed that he had left the country since November 2017," he said.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 18
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3

Police , Sedition , Government , Royalty , Insult

   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

50% readers found this article insightful

Across the site