Senior Minister (Security) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said of the 82 who were nabbed on Monday, six were held under remand while 75 others were issued compounds. One was released on bail.
In a statement, Ismail Sabri said among the recovery MCO offences that were committed were failure to adhere to physical distancing rules (46 individuals), failure to wear face masks (23), failure to provide check-in facilities for customers (12) and getting involved in “pub/nightclub activities” (one).
The arrests were made during checks on Monday by the police, who are leading the government’s task force on standard operating procedure (SOP) compliance.
A total of 55,086 checks were made on Monday by 12,937 officers of the task force.
The premises included supermarkets, restaurants, hawker stalls, factories, banks, government offices and public transpor terminals.
Ismail Sabri, who is Defence Minister, said the police together with the Malaysian Border Security Agency and the Armed Forces put up 81 roadblocks nationwide on Monday under Ops Benteng.
Ismail Sabri said authorities managed to haul up 29 undocumented migrants and two smugglers.
Ops Benteng was set up to control the country’s borders from illegal entry, which at the same time also prevents the transmission of Covid-19 from abroad.
Ismail Sabri also said between July 24 and Sept 29, a total of 37,133 people have entered the country through international entry points.
So far, 8,671 individuals are currently under mandatory quarantine while 28,356 others have already been discharged.
Another 106 individuals have been sent to hospitals for treatment.
The individuals are placed at 67 hotels as well as 10 public training institutions as well as private higher learning institutions nationwide to be quarantined.
Ismail Sabri also said the Housing and Local Government Ministry had conducted 18 Covid-19 sanitisation exercises in several states – Kedah (five), Sabah (four), Penang (two), Pahang (two), Sarawak (two), Selangor (one), Negri Sembilan (one) and Melaka (one) on Monday.
He said since March 30, the ministry had conducted 10,153 sanitisation operations in 135 zones.
Ismail Sabri said the Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Ministry’s enforcement officers conducted 948 checks on business premises on SOP compliance.
“Based on the checks, it was found that 933 businesses have adhered to the government’s SOP. Another 15 businesses were given advice for not following the SOP,” he said.