JOHOR BARU: The Human Resources Ministry has received complaints against 89 employers so far who had abused the wage subsidy programme, says Datuk Seri M. Saravanan.
The minister said that investigations are currently being conducted on the employers who had failed to pay the subsidy received from the government to their workers.
"The complaints against the employers had affected some 846 workers involving subsidies amounting to RM670,000.
"We will take stern action against them including blacklisting them from the programme and having court action taken against them," he said.
He said this during a press conference after attending the state-level Human Resource Development Fund (HRDF) Penjana Initiative programme at a hotel here on Friday (Sept 25).
He added that the ministry found that 1,663 employers have also falsified their applications for the programme by using fake Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM) certificate.
"We are currently investigating the matter and will take action against those involved.
"I warn companies not to take advantage of the programme as this was initiated to help those in need," he said.
The wage subsidy programme was introduced to help employers, who are economically impacted due to Covid-19, and to make sure they could continue operating while preventing the workers from losing their jobs.
Did you find this article insightful?
67% readers found this article insightful