Store employee with fingers caught in automatic door rescued by firemen


  • Nation
  • Tuesday, 15 Sep 2020

GEORGE TOWN: It was an excruciating experience for a health and beauty store employee when her fingers were caught in an automatic door on Tuesday (Sept 15).

Seven firemen spent about an hour helping the 23-year-old woman to dislodge her fingers from the automatic door of the store located in Bukit Jambul.

A Fire and Rescue Department spokesperson said the department received a distress call at 1.10pm and a team of firefighters from the Jalan Perak fire station was dispatched to the store.

"When the firemen arrived, they saw the victim's fingers were trapped by the automatic door at the main entrance of the store," said the spokesperson.

The firemen use several rescue tools after the operation commander sized-up the situation.

The operation ended at 2.18pm.

The victim suffered injuries to her middle and index fingers and was given early treatment by the Emergency Medical Rescue Services (EMRS).

The victim was then rushed to the Penang Hospital for further treatment.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 18
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

75% readers found this article insightful

Across the site