KUALA LUMPUR: City police have refuted claims of double standards in handling cases involving the public including the daughter of a VIP who had allegedly violated the recovery movement control order (MCO).
City police chief Comm Datuk Seri Mazlan Lazim (pic) said police were aware of the issue which had gone viral on social media.
“At around 1.20am on Aug 22, a police team raided a pub in Taman Tun Dr Ismail here.
“During an inspection, police arrested a 37-year-old man believed to be the pub manager along with a Bangladeshi man and three Filipinas believed to be working there, ” he said, adding that checks revealed that the pub was operating without a valid permit.
“We also detained 20 men and nine women who were believed to be customers there. They were allegedly there beyond the permitted time allowed under the recovery MCO, ” he said.
He added that investigation papers had been opened for alleged violations committed, including offences under the Immigration Act, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur Entertainment Act and Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases Regulations 2020.
He also said the four foreigners aged between 33 and 52 had been remanded for 14 days, while the 29 patrons aged between 21 and 48 had been issued RM1,000 compounds each.
Did you find this article insightful?
50% readers found this article insightful