Over 11,000 get jobs under PenjanaKerjaya


KUALA LUMPUR: More than 11,000 Malaysians have been hired through the government’s Hiring Incentive Programme (PenjanaKerjaya) so far, said Human Resources Minister Datuk Seri M. Saravanan (pic).

From June 15 to Aug 7, 8,170 employers had registered for the incentive, with 3,777 of them taking in 11,368 workers, he added.

“In the construction sector, 560 employers have registered for the programme with 1,181 applicants getting jobs,” he said during the signing of a memorandum of understanding between the Social Security Organisation (Socso) and the Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB) yesterday.

Works Minister Datuk Seri Fadillah Yusof Yusof was also present at the event.

The government introduced PenjanaKerjaya worth RM1.5bil under the National Economic Revival Plan (Penjana) to encourage the hiring of the unemployed.

The Human Resources Ministry is responsible for implementing the programme through Socso’s National Employment Services.

The MOU was to increase training and job placements in the construction sector.

Socso would bear the cost of upskilling and reskilling workers.

The programme is open to all Socso contributors and those who have been taken in for employment since June 5.

CIDB through the Akademi Binaan Malaysia and CIDB Technologies will provide training in various categories such as building, crane operations, electrical and welding.

CIDB will also offer training in management, industrialised building system and in the use of building information modelling.

Those who undergo the training will receive an allowance of RM30 a day.

Fadillah said that there were 6,564 vacancies in the construction sector of the 126,969 active vacancies on the MyFutureJobs portal.

He added that of the 6,564 vacancies, 3045 or 46.4% were in management, professional, executive and technical categories.

On another matter, Fadillah said the government had yet to make a decision on the proposed takeover of four highway concessionaires in the Klang Valley.

“There has been no decision at Cabinet level. We will discuss it, that is sure,” he said.

Fadilah however said there was no timeframe for this and that an announcement would be made when there was a decision.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 18
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

33% readers found this article insightful

Next In Nation

Respect the King's decision to declare an Emergency, urges MCA Youth
Smuggled liquor worth over RM100,000 seized in Gelang Patah
Subang cops bust two brothels after public tip-offs
Cops raid online gambling centres in condo, four arrested
Transport Minister: Public transport overcrowding unlikely as ridership is down during MCO
Melaka cops urge witnesses of puppy-culling incident to come forward
Election Court in Sabah dismisses two petitions filed over 2020 state polls results
Masidi: Too early to judge effectiveness of MCO, clearer picture in two weeks
Zahid gets tested for Covid-19
CM: Penang awaiting word from Nadma on two new low-risk Covid-19 centres

Stories You'll Enjoy