PETALING JAYA: Traffic volume is expected to increase by up to 15% on major highways from Wednesday (June 10) onwards, according to PLUS Malaysia.
This comes folwing the government’s announcement of the recovery movement control order (MCO), and the lifting of interstate travel ban from June 10.
PLUS managing director Datuk Azman Ismail said the 15% forecast was based on the steady increase in daily traffic volume since May 4, when the conditional MCO had been in force.
“The recovery MCO lifting of interstate travel (ban) will mean more vehicles plying our highways and we are prepared for the increase, which is expected to be between 10% and 15% (increase in) vehicles per day, from the first weekend of the recovery MCO on June 12 to 14, ” he said in a statement Tuesday (June 9).
He added that most food stalls and dining areas in rest stops along the highways will be reopened from June 15, and customers could enjoy dining-in while adhering to the standard operating procedures.
“All food truck services will resume operations at R&R stations and lay-bys from June 15. However, all surau facilities are still closed to the public until further notice, ” he said.
He added that the highway concessionaire has been regularly cleaning and sanitising its R&R stations, lay-bys and toll plazas to curb the spread of Covid-19.
Public restrooms, he added, are opened but will have visible social distancing markers.
For more information, customers can find the latest updates and information by downloading the free PLUS app or log on to www.plus.com.my or contact PLUS toll free phone line at 1800-88-0000.
Did you find this article insightful?
90% readers found this article insightful